Were you taught it’s ok to say “No” in childhood? Were you taught it’s ok to speak up for your needs? Neither was I.
Teaching myself how to set boundaries is a work in progress. My narcissistic mother crossing my boundary for the last time was my key to emotional freedom and authentic worthiness.
In this solo episode, I cover all things boundaries.
Rule of Thumb: Those who react the loudest when a boundary is set is evidence the boundary was needed in the first place (read this again).
- What is a boundary?
- Why boundaries are important to your well-being
- 4 types of boundaries
- Signs a boundary is crossed
- How to set a boundary
- My personal examples and emotional impact when I didn’t set boundaries
Listen, Download, and Share Christine’s Podcast:How Coronavirus Saved My Life
Connect with Christine on Twitter | Instagram | Blog | Youtube | FB
Check out Christine’s podcast with her sisterThe Family Burrito
Big hugs to all the listeners! My little podcast to help the world heal is starting to reach the ears and hearts of people around the world!
Disclaimer: The information and recommendations in this Podcast are only opinions of the host and guests of How Coronavirus Saved My Life Podcast — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/howcoronavirussavedmylife/message
Check out my blog about boundaries:
- episode 40: the injustice (How My Father’s Racism Impacted My Childhood)
- My Story of Being Raised by a Narcissistic Mother & Alcoholic Father:
- episode 39: the gratitude (How My Journaling Practice Saved My Life)
- episode 38: the memory (How My Dad’s Alcoholism Impacted My Childhood Memories)
- episode 37, part two: the gift (How Spirituality Plays a Positive Role in Mental Health Recovery with Dr. Jack Perkins)
2022 alcoholism black history month boundaries bullies burnout Childhood chronicpain chronic pain conversation coronavirus embrace evidence based family Father healing healthcare human design journal journey longcovid meditation Mental Health mindbodyconnection mother motherhood narcissist nursepractitioner nursing parenting Podcast polyvagaltheory psychology racism recovery science selfcare selfhelp selflove Spirituality therapy trauma Universe vagusnerve worthiness