Welcome back to episode 37, part TWO! Dr. Perkins and I continue our conversation about the importance of Spirituality in Mental Health recovery.
Jack Perkins is a licensed professional counselor and the founder of Psuche Education Counseling & Coaching Services. He has a heart to help others discover the secret to living a fulfilled life by integrating their spirituality into every area of their lives. He’s seen first hand how the integration of spirituality into healthcare is important in the recovery process.
- Why integrating spirituality into healthcare is important
- Why people turned to prayer after Sept 11
- Spirituality gives people hope and helps them cope with depression
- Why Christine went into nursing
- World Health Organization states spirituality is a pillar of healthcare
- Low Percentage of doctors assessing spirituality with patients
- Importance of spirituality assessment in healthcare
- Providers need to assess their spiritual health first
- Provider bias with patients’ religions and spiritual beliefs
- Jack’s touching story of helping grieving parents whose baby just died
Connect with Christine for Mental Health Discussions and Tools for Recovery:
Twitter | Instagram | website | Youtube | FB
Check out Christine’s other podcast with her sister The Family Burrito
Disclaimer: The information and recommendations in this Podcast are only opinions of the host and guests of How Coronavirus Saved My Life Podcast — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/howcoronavirussavedmylife/message