Were you taught it’s ok to say “No” in childhood? Were you taught it’s ok to speak up for your needs? Neither was I.
Teaching myself how to set boundaries is a work in progress. My narcissistic mother crossing my boundary for the last time was my key to emotional freedom and authentic worthiness.
In this solo episode, I cover all things boundaries.
Rule of Thumb: Those who react the loudest when a boundary is set is evidence the boundary was needed in the first place (read this again).
- What is a boundary?
- Why boundaries are important to your well-being
- 4 types of boundaries
- Signs a boundary is crossed
- How to set a boundary
- My personal examples and emotional impact when I didn’t set boundaries
Listen, Download, and Share Christine’s Podcast:How Coronavirus Saved My Life
Check out Christine’s podcast with her sisterThe Family Burrito
Big hugs to all the listeners! My little podcast to help the world heal is starting to reach the ears and hearts of people around the world!
Disclaimer: The information and recommendations in this Podcast are only opinions of the host and guests of How Coronavirus Saved My Life Podcast — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/howcoronavirussavedmylife/message
Check out my blog about boundaries:
- episode 37, part two: the gift (How Spirituality Plays a Positive Role in Mental Health Recovery with Dr. Jack Perkins)
- episode 37, part one: the gift (How Spirituality Plays a Positive Role in Mental Health Recovery with Dr. Jack Perkins)
- episode 36: the story (Our Childhood Story Created By Broken People)
- An important question you might ask yourself…
- episode 35: the recovery (Ways to Recover from Chronic Pain and Long COVID with Arun Nijhawan, PART TWO)
2022 black history month blackmentalhealth boundaries bullies burnout Childhood chronicpain chronic pain conversation coronavirus embrace evidence based family Father healing healthcare human design journey longcovid meditation Mental Health mindbodyconnection mother motherhood narcissist nursepractitioner nursing parenting Podcast polyvagaltheory psychology racism recovery relationships science selfcare selfhelp selflove Spirituality therapy trauma Universe vagusnerve worthiness