Do you have Chronic Pain? Ready for Pain Recovery? This episode is for YOU!
We have a special guest today—Dr. Les Aria, a Pain Psychologist who specializes in helping people recover from chronic pain. Today, he’ll explain what polyvagal theory is and how it can help you feel safe when you’re dealing with chronic pain.
This week’s episode, Part One, on polyvagal theory and its application to chronic pain therapy. Polyvagal theory is the science of feeling safe, and it’s based on decades of research by Dr. Stephen Porges, who pioneered research into the autonomic nervous system and its relationship with emotions.
Check out Dr. Les Aria’s Pain Relief App: https://www.menda.health/
- Healing Chronic Pain through the Vagus Nerve
- Ways to stimulate your Vagus Nerve
- Polyvagal Framework Ladder of Feeling Safe
- Mind Body Connection
- Trauma and Chronic Pain brain pathways
- Autonomic Nervous System
- Long Covid Symptoms
- Shut Down Phase of Relapse connected to Trauma
- Why slow breathing is key
- Wisdom of your Frontal Lobe
- Safe and Sound Protocol
Connect with Dr. Les Aria:
Youtube: Myndfulness here
Podcast–Dynamic Healing– here
Safe and Sound Protocol here
Listen, Download, and Share Christine’s Podcast:How Coronavirus Saved My Life
Connect with Christine on Twitter | Instagram | Blog | Youtube | FB
Check out Christine’s podcast with her sisterThe Family Burrito
Big hugs to all the listeners! My little podcast to help the world heal is starting to reach the ears and hearts of people around the world!
Disclaimer: The information and recommendations in this Podcast are only opinions of the host and guests of How Coronavirus Saved My Life Podcast — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/howcoronavirussavedmylife/message
episode 43: the cord (How My Dad's Death Was A Gift To My Healing) – How Coronavirus Saved My Life
- episode 43: the cord (How My Dad's Death Was A Gift To My Healing)
- episode 42: the perspective (How Changing Your Perspective is Healing)
- episode 41: the uncertainty (How to Embrace Uncertainty Rather Than Fearing It)
- episode 40: the injustice (How My Father's Racism Impacted My Childhood)
- episode 39: the gratitude (How My Journaling Practice Saved My Life)
1 thought on “episode 34: the polyvagal (How to Heal Chronic Pain with Dr. Les Aria, part ONE)”