Do you have Chronic Pain? Ready for Pain Recovery? This episode is for YOU!
We have a special guest today—Dr. Les Aria, a Pain Psychologist who specializes in helping people recover from chronic pain. Today, he’ll explain what polyvagal theory is and how it can help you feel safe when you’re dealing with chronic pain.
This week’s episode, Part One, on polyvagal theory and its application to chronic pain therapy. Polyvagal theory is the science of feeling safe, and it’s based on decades of research by Dr. Stephen Porges, who pioneered research into the autonomic nervous system and its relationship with emotions.
Check out Dr. Les Aria’s Pain Relief App: https://www.menda.health/
- Healing Chronic Pain through the Vagus Nerve
- Ways to stimulate your Vagus Nerve
- Polyvagal Framework Ladder of Feeling Safe
- Mind Body Connection
- Trauma and Chronic Pain brain pathways
- Autonomic Nervous System
- Long Covid Symptoms
- Shut Down Phase of Relapse connected to Trauma
- Why slow breathing is key
- Wisdom of your Frontal Lobe
- Safe and Sound Protocol
Connect with Dr. Les Aria:
Youtube: Myndfulness here
Podcast–Dynamic Healing– here
Safe and Sound Protocol here
Listen, Download, and Share Christine’s Podcast:How Coronavirus Saved My Life
Check out Christine’s podcast with her sisterThe Family Burrito
Big hugs to all the listeners! My little podcast to help the world heal is starting to reach the ears and hearts of people around the world!
Disclaimer: The information and recommendations in this Podcast are only opinions of the host and guests of How Coronavirus Saved My Life Podcast — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/howcoronavirussavedmylife/message
episode 38: the memory (How My Dad's Alcoholism Impacted My Childhood Memories) – How Coronavirus Saved My Life
- episode 38: the memory (How My Dad's Alcoholism Impacted My Childhood Memories)
- episode 37, part two: the gift (How Spirituality Plays a Positive Role in Mental Health Recovery with Dr. Jack Perkins)
- episode 37, part one: the gift (How Spirituality Plays a Positive Role in Mental Health Recovery with Dr. Jack Perkins)
- episode 36: the story (Our Childhood Story Created By Broken People)
- episode 35: the recovery (Ways to Recover from Chronic Pain and Long COVID with Arun Nijhawan, PART TWO)