How do you teach yourself to parent when you were raised by a broken emotionally immature mother? Then throw in society’s illusion of motherhood where it is expected mothers are born nurturers who saves everyone with a unrealistic superwomen mentality. What happens to your self-esteem when your mother was none of these misguided societal illusions? (hint: unworthiness)
In this episode I speak with Belinda Tyner, an Adult Geriatric Nurse Practitioner about her journey of becoming a warrior while teaching herself how to parent through the challenges of raising a child with ADHD.
- The illusions of motherhood
- Teaching yourself how to parent
- Meeting your child’s needs where their at
- Conditioning of the Superwoman Syndrome
- Asking yourself “what do I need?”
- Being raised by parents in survival mode
- Importance of praising a child with ADHD during the good moments
- Importance of ADHD diagnosis ASAP
- Being tired of doing it all
ADHD and Parenting Resources:
Listen, Download, and Share Christine’s Podcast:How Coronavirus Saved My Life
Check out Christine’s podcast with her sisterThe Family Burrito
Big hugs to all the listeners! My little podcast to help the world heal is starting to reach the ears and hearts of people around the world!
Disclaimer: The information and recommendations in this Podcast are only opinions of the host and guests of How Coronavirus Saved My Life Podcast — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/howcoronavirussavedmylife/message