In this episode of How Coronavirus Saved My Life podcast, is my personal story of burnout as a nurse.
Burnout is real. Burnout is definitely real if you’re a healthcare worker. Then throw additional gasoline on burnout if you’re a nurse working in the pandemic. Double the gasoline if you’re a nurse working on a covid unit.
Listen to my journey of why I became a nurse, the life changing events of 2001 leading me to my calling, and the surprising person who always encouraged me to become a nurse.
Check out my Blog Post about Burnout.
- Nurse Burnout
- Why I choose nursing
- The slow rollercoaster of burnout starting in nursing school
- Baby nurses vs veteran nurses
- Nurses eating their young
- The ICU environment filled with stressful noises, constant fight or flight, emotional impact of telling family members their loved one died,
- The acuity of an inpatient psychiatric unit
- How long covid symptoms forced me to make myself a priority
- Forgetting to put myself on the list
Mayoclinic.org Job Burnout Questions here.
Thank you to all my listeners! My little podcast I made to help the world heal is starting to reach the ears and hearts of people around the world! Big hugs!
Please Listen, Download, and Share Christine’s Podcast: How Coronavirus Saved My Life
How Coronavirus Saved My Life Podcast on Twitter
How Coronavirus Saved My Life Podcast on Instagram
How Coronavirus Saved My Life Blog
Email me at: Christine@Howcoronavirussavedmylife.com
Disclaimer: The information and recommendations in this Podcast are only opinions of the host and guests of How Coronavirus Saved My Life Podcast — This episode is sponsored by · Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/howcoronavirussavedmylife/message